Foetry.Com
August 30, 2014, 10:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Reading 2006  (Read 8833 times)
Monday Love
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »

Quote from: "Matt"
Quote from: "Jeffrey Levine"
So, with profound apologies to those who may be disappointed by my decision, nevertheless I have returned unread all of the manuscripts that were sent to me for a full, manuscript review.

Oddly, he doesn't say that he returned/refunded the CHECKS accompanying these manuscripts :lol: !

I assume he did, but its a bit strange that he omitted this.

-Matt

Nor does he apologize--except to those "who may be disappointed" that he finally caved in to the concerns that were raised by poets, and, as he points out, "some non-poets" as well.  Non-poets, too, oh the indignity!

Also, his words "even after we clarified" and "dealing...with issues of perception" show that he still believes he did nothing wrong, that it was just a "perception" problem driven by thick-headed complaints of non-poets.  He was told by the CLMP director to comply.  He did not comply on his own, and has not really apologized.  

That's how I read between the lines...

Anyway, I think Matt's question is indeed pertinent.  Did he return the money as well?

hisper and eye contact don't work here.
alan
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 04:31:49 PM »

Also a question some might want to ask: Has Jeffrey Levine bounced checks issued to Tupelo authors?  Survey says, "Ding."  He's a bad egg.  Steer clear.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

Jump to: