Foetry.Com
October 23, 2014, 11:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UNCW  (Read 13648 times)
Wilson

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »

Hi Ed,

I meant to ask you earlier: North C. is where Bob Jones University is, right?

his is the abyss--quit staring!

Wils
Ed Dupree

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 11:51:21 AM »

No, it's in Greenville, South Carolina. When I was a kid the young people in my church went either there or to Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga, if they went to college at all. NC didn't have any well-known fundamentalist colleges then, and as far as I know it still doesn't. Hope not anyway.

Ed

Could it be, we are not free? It might be worth looking into."
                    --Samuel Beckett, Molloy
alan
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »

Kathleen once gave a reading at Mt. Olive and the kids only attended because they got extra credit.  One couple made out in the back during the reading.  I guess their dorms were probably locked most nights, so that was a big chance.

Oh, and on the crackerphobia note, I'm a little sensitive to that too, but I thought it was kind of funny in this case because both the IT Dean and the IT Security Officer at UNCW are Black.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »

Well it was not meant as a racial thing.  More of a Southern thing.  I firmly believe a Southern would support another Southern first (regardless of race) before supportin any damn Yankees.

Wils
poetastin

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »

Is that like a firm, facetious 'belief' in quotes? Or do you really think you, me, and (Ed) Dupree would support say, Bush, 'cause he's decent southern folk?

I've inherited a tragedy...
Wilson

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »

Are we talkin Bush pre-2000 or current Bush?

Current Bush would have a hard time getting elected to anything other than town Mo-Ron.  

The conventional thinking of the past ten or so years is that if you want the South to vote for your ticket (and you need the South to win, for Texas and Florida alone), you need a Southerner on that ticket.

Wils
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: