Foetry.Com
December 20, 2014, 09:31:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 11351 times)
alan
Administrator

« on: April 24, 2006, 06:25:27 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I've announced my retirement in latest news.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »

Yes but you are still here, posting. And foetrydotcom is up and running, still continues. And all your fine work here at the site has not gone to waste. The battle goes on and will become stronger thanks to you.

... And their combined reward will be no greater and no lesser than what will be won by a piece of dried turd. It's a reward beyond thought."

Jack Kerouac, The Scripture Of The Golden Eternity
Alexandra Benjamin

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:21:51 AM »

Hey Alan, you did not tell me you had a sex change operation? And a skin color graft? WOW! that was fast.

... And their combined reward will be no greater and no lesser than what will be won by a piece of dried turd. It's a reward beyond thought."

Isaac Bickerstaff

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:56:03 AM »

so, alan, are you leaving foetry.com because you're on next seasons "can't get a date?"

perhaps they'll hook you up with jorie or cd or even forrest...

just make sure you stock up on the lamisil before going on the show.

-ib-

f you say you're a poet enough times
you'll become one!

+

**the only thing i do anonmously is masterbate**
Alexandra Benjamin

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »

O! yr funny Bicker! U inspired me:

Alan, if u run into Forrest and feel so inclined, give him Alexandra Benjamin's regards. Then watch his face carefully and report back to us here at the site.

poetastin

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

Thanks for the Foe-fightin', Alan!

:wink:

(...might you now spill the beans about the ambiguous Foetry logo?)

I've inherited a tragedy...
Alexandra Benjamin

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »

Alan, u keep transforming into something ELSE! Now, u are my fav inanimate object, the object of my appreciation. I guess a clever warrior changes garb (cf. guard) like a shadow, sort of like a "shadow fighter"  or "Foo fighter." Not to be confused with Foe-fighter or foetry-figher or fo-fighter.

Now, u have fun here. More quips! More or new & improved avatars.

Bugzita
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »

I have a feeling that we haven't heard the last of Alan Cordle.

People underestimate those quiet librarians.

:wink:

Bug

ennifer Semple Siegel

One must always question wrongheaded conventional wisdom.
Alexandra Benjamin

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »

Okay. Call this an overactive imagination running like an outboard motor but I think Alan's new avatar is a chicken hoisted up on a beer can or one of those niffty stainless steel cylinders that either go in an oven, or on tha 'cue. In this example of flesh, I believe the poor defenseless chickie is a roasting at night, over some coals, HUMMM?

alan
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 10:46:58 AM »

I already told you :shock: -- it's Samantha Mulder during the abduction.  I really am leaving here.  Really.  But Samantha got cloned fairly regularly. :lol:

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »

Still think it's a roasting chick man.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: