Foetry.Com
September 20, 2014, 06:00:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moby's Back  (Read 6505 times)
alan
Administrator

« on: November 07, 2005, 06:21:58 PM »

Dvora of Foetry chat, informs me that Mobylives is back up, though in slightly different form.

Dennis Loy Johnson's first interview is with David Kipen, new literature director for the NEA.  Moby also comments on Google and has a nice Garrisonesque piece (if Writer's Almanac weren't so midwest) on Camus.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 08:37:51 PM »

I haven't found MobyLivesRadio in the podcast directory at Itunes, but I was able to subscribe manually with this url:
http://www.newsgator.com/ngs/subscriber/subext.aspx?url=http://www.mobylives.com/rss/moby.rss

You will, of course, want to subscribe before tomorrow.  Hint hint.

Or, if you're not into podcasting yet, you can just listen to it stream on his site.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 08:59:34 AM »

It was fun to be on Talk of the Nation and As It Happens, but my interview on Moby Lives Radio tops my list.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 10:51:55 PM »

Hi!  Did anyone listen to the interview?  I wonder a few things:

1. Am I a blabbermouth?
2. Do I come off as a crazy?
3. Does it seem like I love my wife?

I'm not looking for any "you were great"s.  I would love some honest feedback, even if it hurts a little.

Thanks! :?:

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 01:28:36 AM »

I thought you gave a good interview.  You do seem like you love your wife but it also seemed like things were strained there, still. I don't think you sounded crazy--you seem determined but maybe in a resigned way.  You seemed maybe much more excited about this project on "Talk of the Nation." I think.  But that was maybe a different moment.  

xxxjimmy

alan
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 08:04:08 AM »

Thanks Jimmy.

Since you're the only one who listened, I'll tell you a secret.  Today's MLR features a few responses to the interview.  They're near the end of the podcast.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 02:29:27 PM »

Very belatedly, after computer trauma, I have been able to listen to your Moby interview, Alan. Sounded great, though did it give you pause to follow Franco, Churchill, and a book about cooking with lard that sort of accidentally caused a bookstore robbery? (now, if I can maintain my new password here...since all sorts of things have fallen away from the new spiffy computer). Upgrades make me shake for days. Thank heaven I never got into heroin.
But, no, you did not sound overly chatty; you did sound intelligent; and what marriage is without rocky places? All will be well.
alan
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 08:58:56 PM »

Today's Moby Radio features Letters to the Editor near the end of the 'cast.  What Foet wrote to Moby and what did the Foet say?

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:18:03 AM »

Alan,

I just listened to the your interview in the MobyLives archive.

I thought you sounded sweet and gentle--those foets had better run! Sweet people can be deadly!

Good job. You sounded very confident and level-headed. ;=)

By the way, the Media Player psychedelic graphic took me back to my old LSD days.

Far out.

Tune in, turn on, drop out.

Cheers,

Bugz

ennifer Semple Siegel

One must always question wrongheaded conventional wisdom.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: