Foetry.Com
October 25, 2014, 04:34:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversy is Good  (Read 4263 times)
Tourbillon
« on: April 21, 2005, 09:45:06 AM »

Dear all,

Controversy is good.

Frivolous lawsuits are a bore.

Keep your money in your pocket.

It's noble to do good turns for a friend...

But, don't hoodwink people that aren't your friends.

Tourbillon
adamhardin

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:38 PM »

One thing I would like to post is writing lessons, but the funny thing is that writing lessons are exactly what is killing poetry and fiction, and yet all one can do is sit on the sidelines and say "no, not like that" but when I do that I am engaging in workshopping and that would kill poetry and fiction as much as writing writing lessons, and why would you listen to me when I might be a far worse writer than you, and you might be a far worse writer than me, but how do we tell, who decides? No one decides, all of us as writers simply write, and so what I am saying is write what you believe is good, and listen to no one, not because there are not good and bad writers and good and bad critics, but because there is no way to tell.

There is one way not to write, and that is like other people...

arold Bloom's accountant does not know how Harold managed to effortlessly transition their discussion of annuities to Falstaff but he suspects a similar ploy was used to sexually harrass Naomi Wolf.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: