Foetry.Com
July 25, 2014, 09:03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: judging  (Read 21379 times)
Wilson

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

...And it still happens the same way. I see so many people fresh out their programs win something (and cheapen it at the same time) and then get a teaching gig.  All the while I am thinking, WTF is she going to teach someone 5 years older than herself?  And I am wondering how any of us are supposed to respect anyone involved in the process, the judge, the winner (cheapens the word too), the press for allowing it (if not encouraging it).  And I know some damn fine poets who are stuck in some suck-ass shit-hole part-time teaching job who are wondering if they should get a job selling insurance because that way they can make the rent. And I think, how the f did the rich kid with shit for brains and little talent win?  No, I am not a rocket scientist, but I can put the pieces together.

And that is why a lot of good poets I know say, Poetry Sucks!  and mean it.

his is the abyss--quit staring!

Wils
Wilson

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »

...I should probably add here that I am of the opinion that a few more insurance salespeople and few less poetry professors is not a bad thing!  I think a few people I know probably could do the world more good wearing a paper hat than obsessing over rejection slips--better use of the paper too!

his is the abyss--quit staring!

Wils
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: