Foetry.Com
August 21, 2014, 07:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Foetry.Com v.2 Forum Archive Through May 2007

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High Musical Foetry  (Read 4056 times)
N. Joy Vey
Administrator

« on: March 08, 2007, 10:31:53 AM »

Forgive me friends, if this seems misplaced,:

I have read  articles in two places about a Now dead pianist(Huh) who passed off recordings of OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK as HER OWN for over a decade!!

Apparently her husband was behind her haha SUCCESS.  And he is alive and now confessing, after someone else recognized the artifice.

OK, there is perhaps more plagiarism than foetry here, but it deserves some attention.

Nomi

he sooner I have made my first 5000 mistakes, the sooner I will be able to correct them.

Kimon Nicolaides
alan
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »

A certain well-known foet is rumored to have submitted student poems under the name of her then-husband.  I have been trying to track down the details, so if anyone can confirm this story and provide the student's name, I'd greatly appreciate it -- send me a PM if you want extra-anonymity.

Meanwhile, thanks for the pianist!

Now for a little Bigfoot.

"You especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it -- don't cheat with it. -- Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

Gee, we were all duped back in 1967 (re: Bigfoot).

Of course, I was only 16 at the time, so maybe I could be forgiven.

Bugz

ennifer Semple Siegel

One must always question wrongheaded conventional wisdom.
TripivReturns

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »

Alan, the story you are hunting was, if I remember correctly, pretty well covered in some other press medium.  It made "headlines", so to speak, at the time.  

Ultimately, the whole explanation had a weird ring to it; however...and I say this without any personal knowledge of the people in question (well, I did meet the wife once)...I don't think that poet X set out to publish his student's poems under his own name.  I mean, it's just too stupid and X simply isn't that stupid (from what I hear).  The role of poet Y was either an example of innocent but invasive micromanagement, or it was purposefully insidious.  In the absence of any concrete information, I'd opt for the former.

The story is, though, a dead horse whose carcass was well viewed by all at the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: